Article marketing, just like every business venture, needs to be tackled with skill, determination and hard work. While most companies travel down this path with every intention of succeeding, this is not always the case. Article marketing can sometimes be a time consuming, strenuous and tedious task and even SEO companies have a hard time being fully successful at it sometimes.
In order to be successful at it, you must be able to spot the main ways that people fail at it so you can avoid it yourself. Below are the top 10 ways that SEO companies see people failing when writing articles.
- Using a title that doesn’t contain any keywords and is not interesting. You need to engage the reader before they even start to read the article. If your title is boring and doesn’t catch the eye of the reader, they will not read your article.
- Not making the article useful. You should solve a problem or answer a question in the article. If they read your article and are not informed afterwards, you have not done your job as an article writer.
- If your article isn’t interesting enough to keep the readers’ attention. The attention span of the average user online is quickly diminishing, so you have to work a lot harder to make sure you keep it engaging enough so they don’t get bored! If they don’t finish reading the article, they will never make it to your link at the bottom!
- Not using the resource box properly. Your goal is to get people to your website and the resource box with your website link will do that. If you don’t fill out the resource box, it will all be for nothing.
- Not getting to the point. You should catch the attention of your reader in the first paragraph. Get to the point and stay on point – readers don’t have all day!
- Not having proper grammar. If your article doesn’t read well (including poor grammar) you may be marked as spam and people will never read your articles again.
- Not properly categorizing your article. Place it in the proper category so you can be found by someone searching your topic.
- Putting poor quality articles online. Article directories, like all other sites, want their clients to have a good experience. If you submit poor articles, they will not publish them and if they do, they will not get readers.
- Not following directory instructions. Make sure you follow them to the letter or directories will reject your article.
- Unorganized content. Nothing is worse than an article that isn’t organized.
SEO Companies want to work with you to make sure your article writing goes as well as can be – hire one now!